All abstracts should be submitted through our website by login using your username and password. Create an account if you're new to Voorjaarsdagen. After logging in, you will be able to upload your abstracts for the Awards Sessions and/or Poster Presentations.
At the European Veterinary Conference Voorjaarsdagen, all papers must be presented in English. Twelve minutes will be allotted for presentation of each paper, with a further 3 minute discussion period. Presenters should have reasonable understanding of the English language and should be able to answer questions.
Please note that a passport photo is necessary to complete your submission!
FORMAT AND TYPING INSTRUCTIONS
Please read the following instructions carefully before completing the online submission. Failure to comply may eliminate your paper from the evaluation process. Please complete all requested fields and tick the relevant boxes. The abstract must not exceed a maximum of 300 words (excluding Title, Authors & References). Tables, figures and charts are accepted. It has to be submitted online and the text typed in the respective form provided.
General typing instructions:
- Format: Use A4 (21cm x 29.5cm) size with standard margins.
- The abstracts must be typed in Arial Western type font size 10. Use single spaced type and uniform spacing between the lines. Do not squeeze lines together.
- The use of standard abbreviations without definition is acceptable. Other abbreviations should be defined by placing them in parentheses after the full word is used in the text for the first time.
- Use numerals (e.g. 1, 2, 3) to indicate numbers except when beginning sentences, which must commence with the written number (e.g. One, Two, Three). Use special font for Greek / mathematical symbols.
- Abstracts must be written in English and must be checked for grammatical and spelling errors BEFORE submission. The editors reserve the right to refuse abstracts that have not been properly checked and which require extensive editing.
- TITLE: the title of the abstract should be brief and accurately reflect the content of the abstract. Abbreviations should not be used.
- AUTHORS: list last name and initials of each author. Authors should be listed in the order preferred for publication, should your abstract be accepted. It will not be possible to change this order following submission.
- Line one: Title of Abstract
- Line two: Name of the authors (first name, middle initial, last name of each author, qualifications)
- Line three: Affiliation (name and address of Department of author responsible for correspondence only)
- Line four: Country
- Line five: E-mail address
- ABSTRACT BODY: must include the subtitles Introduction (stating the aim of the study), Material and Methods, Results and Discussion/Conclusion (including practical significance). Vague statements such as “the results will be discussed” will not be acceptable. For Case reports, Case Description must be used in place of Material and Methods. Use single space typing with no space between titles, body or paragraphs.
- TABLES, ILLUSTRATIONS AND LEGENDS need to be submitted each on a separate page in clearly drawn or typewritten form. The position of the tables and figures should be indicated in the text. Each table or figure should be labelled, including the name of the author(s). Authors are encouraged to include illustrations.
- REFERENCES: Vancouver reference style (max 3 references)
- Preferred Word processing programme is Microsoft Word (for Windows). Do not use special functions like tabulations, italics, underline, etc. Just type in your text and only use a carriage return ("enter key") for a new paragraph.